Like all complex mechanical systems, aircraft regularly need maintenance to guarantee safety and reliability. Preventive maintenance is the key to maintaining a plane in good condition and identify potential problems before they lead to serious consequences, as well as pilotsThey have a pilot certificate below 14 CFR, part 61, has the right to carry out the preventive maintenance of aircraft, although both groups have to join the FAA regulations of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Let's take a close look close to preventive maintenance and how pilots, airplanes and technicians may be better prepared to treat it safely and effectively.
Still in contact with our team today
What is the preventive maintenance of the aircraft?
The preventive maintenance definition covers conservation or replacement tasks, which are not complex assembly processes.This is all the work that is done from a list of allowed tasks in which it replaces small standard parts or aircraft maintenance parts without disassembling much. To avoid important problems through maintenance.
- Leakage tests
- Clothing review
- Lubrication and cleaning of certain components
- Exchange of acceptable articles
So, who can perform preventive maintenance? Although the owner or operator of an aircraft is also the owner of a pilot certificate, can perform preventive aircraft maintenance. Prevention maintenance with pilots that cannot be used under 14 pieces CFR 121, 127, 129 or 135 However, you can use the Dedon plane.Other people who can perform maintenance are certified technicians.
Remember that a pilot, although you can perform maintenance, is not always the best option. The pilot is to determine whether you have the necessary skills to perform the maintenance task. Mechanical Experience Fall, you must see a qualified or technical mechanic for instructions or service.
The types of tasks performed to avoid maintenance may vary from aircraft to aircraft and are the accessibility of the components in question. According to their condition.
Preventive maintenance in aviation also includesRegular inspections and reviewsAnd covers:
- Preliminary flight tests:Reviews prior to pilots that pilots must make storms with preventive maintenance. Pilots are looking for obvious problems and undergo a verification list to ensure that the aircraft can fly safely, including cabin and outdoor inspections of the airplane.
- 50 and 100 hours inspections:Many airplanes used for rent or flight instructions have flight inspections after 50 hours or 100 hours. 100 -hour inspections are required by FAA.
- Annual inspection:Most aircraft need complete inspections every 12 months and cannot be transported without them. An annual is very complete and includes motor inspections, plane and control tests, online newspaper analysis and parts tests.
- Progressive inspections:These inspections are suitable for high -use aircraft, such as those used by fixed operators (fixed base operators) and flight schools. They are more frequently performed, usually every 25 to 50 hours, but take less time.
Preventive maintenance compared to reactive repairs
The main idea for the maintenance of preventive airplanes is that it comes before the failure, not after. Or financial problems. They ensure that the machines remain in the form of a vase and are a small risk of damage and notes.
Preventive maintenance occurs according to strict programming, which is often presented by corporate guidelines and is based on a certain period or several hours of use, such as an inspection of 50 or 100 hours. The requirements and the frequency can change according tothe type of aircraft and use.
With preventive maintenance plans, the company can make repairs to its own schedule if it is much cheaper. And lose money for every minute the plane is not in operation. Failure of the FAA's requirements can also lead to high fines andRestrictions. Evive financial aspects can also avoid preventive maintenance of reputation damage, which a security incident can absorb and maintain a security incident.
Still in contact with our team today
Types of aircraft maintenance pension
Preventive maintenance is just a type of aircraft maintenance. The following information describes some of the other types:
- MAIN REPAIRS:Important repairs are those that were improperly performed, balance, weight, structural stability, reliable operation, performance, flight characteristics or other properties that would influence the aeration that could affect. That they were not carried out in accordance with recognized practices or those that do notThey can be performed by basic processes.
- Skin changes:The main changes are not contained in motor, propeller or aircraft specifications. The importance of repairs are the main changes that can affect the aircraft of an aircraft are not carried out in accordance with recognized practices or that cannot be completed by basic processes. They are described together with severe repair information14 cfr part 43 Appendix forand must be approved to return to serviceFAU 33 337This form must be approved by a properly valued certified repair station, a representative of the administrator or an aircraft and a loyalty cell certified by FAA (A & P) (AI).
- Minor repairs and changes:These changes can be approved for a return to the service whenever it has been properly inserted in maintenance documents by an A & P mechanic certified by FAA or a reasonably certified repair station. If an experimental aircraft changes, users must consult operational restrictions that have beenThe aircraft issued because the changes may require notification to the emitting authority.
Knowing what type of maintenance is done is the key to guaranteeing very compatible FAA regulations and a safe flight.
Advantages of maintaining preventive airplanes
The main advantage of preventive aviation maintenance has to do so safely.
Other advantages of preventive maintenance of FAA include beyond security advantages ::
- Reliability:With regular maintenance, it reduces the probability that the device error to a more reliable device with less inactivity time. In many cases, it can also prolong the useful life of an airplane component.
- Great mechanical skills:The maintenance of aircraft generally helps owners and pilots to improve the mechanics of the aircraft so that they can better identify problems before problems occur.
- Greater security and compliance in the workplace:By preventing system failure, it makes the aircraft much safer and support multiple regulations and safety requirements in the workplace. A preventive maintenance plan also facilitates technicians to repair reservations, instead of hurrying toCorrect a complex problem to solve the inactivity time to reduce, they can also offer clean and safe work areas.
- Better efficiency:The less planned repairs mean a more efficient operation that is carried out according to a certain schedule.
- Ein savings:All these advantages, from a time of reduced inactivity to a longer life, apply low costs.The United States MinistryIt is estimated that a company can save an average of 12% to 18% if it is no longer, when you use preventive maintenance instead of reactive maintenance. The maintenance of the owner of the plane, if done correctly, can also save money, sinceYou cannot assume simple tasks and cannot be subcontract for a technician.
Regardless of your company, the maintenance of preventive airplanes can be of great advantage, with considerable advantages for security companies and flight businesses.
Still in contact with our team today
Prevention aircraft maintenance list
The types of preventive maintenance, which are allowed in aviation, are limited to 31 elements, which contain the list in 14 cfr part 43 Appendix A:
- Replace seat belts.
- Replace or clean the ignition candles.
- Change and repair driver tires.
- Hydraulic fluid fuel refueling.
- Replace and wait for the batteries.
- Replace safety cables.
- Check the level and state of the oil.
- Replace the air filter.
- Lubrication components that do not require dismantling.
This list is not exhaustive and you will find the complete list in theElectronic Code of Federal Regulations.
Some things should be considered when performing maintenance tasks.
He would also like to consider which components will include in their preventive maintenance plan, focusing on those who are most likely to fail and benefit more with routine maintenance.
- Components with reliability levels depend on planned maintenance, such as: B. Lubrication or oil clinics.
- Components susceptible to the identification of the problem, regardless of age maintenance practices, inspection of inspections before leading to dangerous or expensive problems.
Prevent regulations for regulations
A key component of preventive maintenance is the newspaper on board. For the plane, only to return to the work he signed.
Be sure to use the newspaper on board for each type of maintenance. The plane cells and the driving systems must be registered in the on -board newspaper for the aircraft cell or the newspaper aboard the engine, for example.
Preventive maintenance includes compliance with various regulations and important requirements:
- Airway guidelines (ads):If a product has been classified as insecure, the FAA can issue a defined announcement before the flight of an approved unit.
- Appropriate documentation:Regardless of those who perform preventive maintenance, all work must be registered in the corresponding aircraft newspaper. Certificate number of the person who performs the work.
- Adverts:After maintenance, make sure all the necessary posters and the aircraft registration and the sand certificate are on the plane are installed and accessible.
- Adequate clean rooms:All work rooms must be clean and dry, comply with applicable standards and offer a safe and non -cajar environment so that technicians and pilots perform repairs and maintenance. The liquid on the floor or trips can mean any number of problemsFor workers (OSHA) has a wide range of employee protection regulations, including the need for a clean and safe work area. This is also the key to avoiding pollution or damage to damage.
It is better to keep a safe and long plane with a systematic approach. This includes a well considered schedule with clear and written instructions and aspects, such as:
- Construction site analysis:A documented process for work analysis helps to guarantee compliance with OSHA standards and regular inspections for additional security. The correct procedures are followed.
- Plans to avoid hazards and control:ADanger Prevention and Control PlanIt also helps to fulfill OSHA guidelines and involve aspects such as personnel participation and a hierarchy of control people. The participation of workers is to involve people who mainly include the process with technicians and learn from their contribution. The hierarchy ofControls helps management identify and select the most effective methods to avoid hazards.
- Education:Both effective maintenance practices and safety and health knowledge are the main components of safe maintenance with well -proven aircraft. A approved training program is an excellent way to guarantee specialized equipment that is constantly updated by changes and the development ofMore requirements within the installation and industry.
Show aircraft land support equipment
Contact us today
It is worth investing the advantages of maintaining preventive airplanes for an investmentMilitary-miCommercialPlan. However, using preventive maintenance, you also need the right tools to protect maintenance workers.
In Jetchnology Solutions, we have more than 75 years of experience in provisions.Aircraft maintenance supportWith integrated autumn protection. These solutions to hand are available for fixed and rotating wings aircraft and are completeContact us onlineThis day.
What is preventive maintenance in aircraft? ›
Section 1.1, defines preventive maintenance as “simple or minor preservation operations and the replacement of small standard parts not involving complex assembly operations.”What is the proper maintenance of an aircraft? ›
Aircraft maintenance is the performance of tasks required to ensure the continuing airworthiness of an aircraft or aircraft part, including overhaul, inspection, replacement, defect rectification, and the embodiment of modifications, compliance with airworthiness directives and repair.What are safety precautions for aircraft maintenance? ›
Hard hats protect you from falling objects. Safety glasses, a face shield, and goggles protect your face and eyes, depending on the task and materials. Coveralls and rubber gloves and boots protect your hands and feet from chemicals.What is preventative maintenance? ›
Preventive maintenance is the act of performing regularly scheduled maintenance activities to help prevent unexpected failures in the future. Put simply, it's about fixing things before they break.What are the 4 types of preventive maintenance? ›
Also known as preventative maintenance, PM includes adjustments, cleaning, lubrication, repairs, and replacements. Put simply, any kind of maintenance that isn't a reaction to “Oh crap, when (or how) did that happen?” is preventive maintenance.What are the types of aircraft maintenance? ›
- Line Maintenance. Inspecting things like wheels, brakes and fluid levels (oil, hydraulics) are done during transit checks. ...
- The A Check. ...
- Heavy Maintenance. ...
- The C Check. ...
- The D Check.
What Are the Different Types of Maintenance? The 6 different types are; Predetermined Maintenance, Preventive Maintenance, Corrective Maintenance, Condition-based Maintenance, Predictive Maintenance and Reactive Maintenance.What is the importance of maintaining aircraft? ›
The point of aircraft maintenance is to ensure that planes remain safe and usable for as long as possible. The various types of aircraft maintenance are strictly regulated because the lack of a thorough pre-flight check, and improper or out of date maintenance can cause fatal accidents.Why are abbreviations used in aviation? ›
Passengers come across with abbreviations in the form of airport names. For example, SAW stands for Sabiha Gökçen Airport. People within the sector use abbreviations more. By doing that, people save time during written or oral communications.What is the abbreviation for aircraft carrier? ›
CV -- aircraft carrier.
Why is airport an abbreviation? ›
Airport coding first began in the 1930s, and airlines typically chose their own two-letter codes. By the late 1940s, there were too many airports, and the system shifted to the three-letter code we know today. Los Angeles International Airport, for instance, was originally just “LA,” but became LAX in 1947.What are the 2 types of maintenance in aircraft? ›
Scheduled or preventive work to anticipate and prevent failures. Unscheduled work – Repair maintenance and On-condition maintenance.What are the 10 safety precautions? ›
- Use tools, equipment and machinery properly. ...
- Report any unsafe conditions. ...
- Wear all necessary safety gear. ...
- Keep your workplace clear from clutter. ...
- Stay hydrated. ...
- Practice good posture when sitting or lifting. ...
- Take regular breaks. ...
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Your safety is your personal responsibility.
- Always follow the correct procedures.
- Never take shortcuts.
- Take responsibility and clean up if you made a mess.
- Clean and organize your workspace.
- Ensure a clear and easy route to emergency exits and equipment.
- Be alert and awake on the job.
There are three main types of preventive maintenance: Time, usage, and condition-based triggers. A variation of these types of preventive maintenance should ideally be scheduled and performed on all equipment items to prevent unplanned failure.How do you abbreviate preventive maintenance? ›
PM: Preventive Maintenance
PM is a program designed to perform those tasks that keep assets and machines in good working order.
- Lengthen asset lifespan. Arguably, the most important benefit of preventive maintenance is lengthened lifespan of assets. ...
- Lower risk of breakdowns. ...
- Increase efficiency. ...
- Decrease unplanned downtime. ...
- Promote health and safety. ...
- Boost customer satisfaction. ...
- Save money.
For example: performing regular business and equipment inspections, cleaning and lubricating essential equipment, and tidying your business's grounds are all examples of preventive maintenance. The goal of preventive maintenance is to prevent equipment failure before it occurs, and to reduce the risk of accidents.What is aircraft maintenance planning? ›
Planning the maintenance of an aircraft involves monitoring aircraft or equipment conditions to determine when work is due in the short, medium, and long term. Decisions in maintenance planning are based on the availability of tools, labor, and repair locations.What are the 3 types of aircraft cleaning? ›
Airline companies usually contract out cabin cleaning to aircraft services companies. There are basically three levels of cleaning services for the aircraft: quick transit cleaning, overnight (lay-over) cleaning, and deep cleaning.
What is maintenance check ABCD? ›
consists of a visual examination of the airframe, powerplant, avionics, and accessories to ascertain the general condition of the aircraft. about (8) eight hours of ground time and about 60 man-hours.What is maintenance process? ›
Maintenance is the process in which changes are implemented either by modifying the existing system's structure or by adding new components to the system. System requirements are changing fastly and to meet this requirement some changes are incorporated and maintained in the system.What is the main of maintenance? ›
Purpose of Maintenance
The main purpose of regular maintenance is to ensure that all equipment required for production is operating at 100% efficiency at all times.
It is a regular and routine action taken on equipment in order to prevent its breakdown. Maintenance, including tests, measurements, adjustments, parts replacement, and cleaning, performed specifically to prevent faults from occurring.What is the importance of preventive maintenance in aviation? ›
The primary benefit of preventive maintenance in aviation has to do with safety. By catching potential problems early and addressing them before they lead to performance issues, preventive maintenance helps to ensure that aircraft continue to operate safely while minimizing unscheduled downtime.What is the importance of an abbreviation? ›
Abbreviations and acronyms are shortened forms of word (s) or phrases (s). They assist in making manuscripts easy to read and understand. Additionally, they help in meeting the strict word-count targets, avoiding the repetition of words, thereby making the text easy to read.What is the abbreviations used for? ›
An abbreviation is a shortened form of a written word or phrase. Abbreviations may be used to save space and time, to avoid repetition of long words and phrases, or simply to conform to conventional usage.What is the purpose of the abbreviation? ›
An abbreviation, simply put, is a shortened form of a word. In writing, abbreviations are useful when you need to squeeze a lot of writing into a small space. You can also use them in place of long or cumbersome phrases to make your sentences easier to read.What does the abbreviation air stand for? ›
AIR is a slang word which means to "Ignore or Blank Someone." It is also an abbreviation used with the meaning "As I Remember."What are ship abbreviations? ›
A ship prefix is a combination of letters, usually abbreviations, used in front of the name of a civilian or naval ship that has historically served numerous purposes, such as identifying the vessel's mode of propulsion, purpose, or ownership/nationality.
What is the abbreviation of FAA? ›
FAA. Federal Aviation Administration. FPPS. Federal Personnel and Payroll System.What is ASD in aviation? ›
Aerospace, Security and Defence Industries Association of Europe | ASD.How are airports names? ›
Airports are named after people who make major contributions to the United States that may also have a tie to the community where the facility is located. But as times change, sometimes airport names can change, which is the case of Las Vegas's airport. McCarran International (LAS) — named after Sen.What does code 11 mean in an airport? ›
11 (PD) LATE CHECK-IN, acceptance after deadline 12 (PL) LATE CHECK-IN, congestions in check-in area 13 (PE) CHECK-IN ERROR, passenger and baggage 14 (PO) OVERSALES, booking errors 15 (PH) BOARDING, discrepancies and paging, missing checked-in passenger 16 (PS) COMMERCIAL PUBLICITY/PASSENGER CONVENIENCE, VIP, press, ...What is preventive maintenance explain with an example? ›
For example: performing regular business and equipment inspections, cleaning and lubricating essential equipment, and tidying your business's grounds are all examples of preventive maintenance. The goal of preventive maintenance is to prevent equipment failure before it occurs, and to reduce the risk of accidents.What is preventive maintenance give an example? ›
Example tasks may include cleaning, lubrication, replacing or repairing parts, or even partial or complete overhauls. More obvious examples of preventive maintenance include ensuring production line equipment is working efficiently or heating, ventilation or air conditioning elements are inspected, cleaned and updated.What are the main types of maintenance? ›
What Are the Different Types of Maintenance? The 6 different types are; Predetermined Maintenance, Preventive Maintenance, Corrective Maintenance, Condition-based Maintenance, Predictive Maintenance and Reactive Maintenance.What are the 3 important steps in performing preventive maintenance? ›
- Step one: Take an inventory.
- Step two: Get your assets ready for maintenance.
- Step three: Do it.
- Getting started with the right software.
There are two main types of preventive maintenance: calendar-based maintenance, and usage-based maintenance.