operatorIt is one of the oldest browsers in the industry and also one of the best. It has features like built-in VPN, ad blocker, etc. However, the company also manufacturesOpera GXwhat they call gaming browsers. In this article, we're going to take a look at Opera GX versus Opera and see which ones you should use and why.
Are Opera and Opera GX different?
According to the company, Opera GX is a more advanced or specialized version of the Opera browser that we all love. It has features like networking, CPU, GPU limiter which are must have for some enthusiasts and overkill for some. So yes, Opera and Opera GX are different browsers designed for the same game for different audiences.
However, there are many similarities between the two and this is to be expected as they are manufactured by the same company. Both use similar privacy policies, the same VPN, and are based on Chromium. There are many other similarities that we will talk about in this article.
Is Google GX faster than Opera?
Gaming Browser is a marketing gimmick that just adds some gaming features to the browser. It does not increase your computer's gaming performance in any way. Performance is more or less the same for both.
What is Opera GX and is it a gaming browser?
Opera GX is not particularly agame browserwhich the company wants you to believe it only has a few features that can add features like B. the ability to set limits for CPU, RAM and network. Or the fact thatdiscordyTo extractthey are seamlessly integrated. These features make the browser suitable for gaming, but not to the extent that all gamers should download and use it.
Opera GX Browserit's not new and definitely not built from scratch. The interface resembles the Opera browser and can sometimes look like a theme installed in Opera. However, it is far above Opera and all the other top browsers on the market like Chrome, Firefox or Edge.
Comparison between Opera GX and Opera
Now let's delve a little deeper into the battle of two soldiers from the same nation. These are the parameters by which we are going to compare these two browsers.
- privacy and security
- additional functions
Let's talk more about Opera GX vs Opera.
First, let's talk about the first screen that appears when you open both browsers.
operatorhas a clean and intuitive user interface with a focus on simplicity. It has a sidebar that allows the user to access some of their favorite sites like Instagram, Facebook, etc. You also get tons of customization options to make the UI just the way you want it. You can choose dark mode or light mode, you can choose any wallpaper you like, change favorite tabs and websites, etc. Also, the UI is not too heavy on the GPU which makes the experience smoother.
Opera GXon the other hand, it is a little more inspired by the world of video games. And if you're not familiar with the use of RGB, dark themes (you can opt for a light theme if you like), and excessive use of neon lighting, it can be a bit overwhelming.
However, you can change the appearance of both browsers, but you cannot change the main appearance.
Both browsers have a built-in VPN that allows you to connect to another server. There is nothing to compare here as both browsers have the same VPN. You can enable VPN on these two browsers in Settings > Advanced > Features > Enable VPN.
3] Privacy and security
Both Opera and Opera GX have similar privacy features. Both have ad blockers and blocking trackers. You can also enable VPN if you want additional security. So there is no difference here and if you are looking for privacy then you are safe using any of the browsers.
4] Additional Resources
Both have their peculiarities, some of which we will see in this section.
Opera's best features
- Workplace:This is one of Opera's most useful features as it lets you create multiple separate workspaces, customize and modify them to your liking.
- music player:Opera browser is integrated with many popular music players like Spotify, YouTube music, etc. So if you like to listen to music while you work, Opera makes it a lot easier.
- Social media:Opera is well integrated with major social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook Messenger. So if you want to stay connected with your friends or followers, you can access those pages from the sidebar.
The best features of Opera GX
Opera GX has all the features of Opera and some of them are exclusive:
- Singing GX:GX Corner is available on Opera GX and aims to display all available information about games. They have a schedule of games and more that the player will enjoy.
- GX controller:This is the main feature of Opera GX Browser that makes it a gaming browser. It has tools like RAM limiter to limit the amount of memory the browser can use, network limiter to limit upload and download speeds, and CPU limiter to control how much CPU you want to send to the Opera GX browser.
- GX Cleaner:GX Cleaner is a tool to clean your browsing data available in all browsers, but Opera GX made the task simpler by adding the tool to the sidebar and adding some interesting animations.
- music player:Like Opera, the GX variant has a built-in music player that can be accessed from the sidebar.
These were the resources that helped him make his decision.
Is Opera GX safe?
With security threats on the rise and news of big companies stealing your data, no browser is completely secure in this internet world. Opera GX is based on Chromium and is therefore essentially similar to most major browsers such as Chrome or Edge. Unlike most other browsers, however, Opera has tried to fix this problem. As mentioned, both Opera and Opera GX have a built-in VPN that lets you create a virtual tunnel if you really want to protect your online identity and block trackers for extra security. But at its core, Opera is like any other big tech company. It collects user data and shares it with third-party gaming services like Twitch or Discord. So you can't escape this mess.
Opera Software was founded as an independent company in Norway. The company later changed hands when a group of Chinese investors bought the web browser, consumer business and Opera Software ASA brand. founder of the operaJon Stephenson de Tetzchnerit startedVivaldi.
It's pretty clear from the Additional Resources section that Opera GX has a lot more to offer. It includes some really cool and useful features, but for a very specific niche. If you belong to this group of gamers, Opera GX is what you need. However, the over-the-top animation and very fun aesthetics aren't for everyone. So you have to make a decision based on your needs.
Keep reading: Opera browser tips and tricks.