There are several reports that the user's screen turns green when watching a video. The issue is not limited to a specific operating system or group of devices (for example, Windows, Mac, Android, Xbox, iOS, etc.). In some cases, the issue only occurs when the video is viewed in full screen mode. When the problem occurs, the entire YouTube video is hidden by a green screen or green bars appear throughout the video.
Your YouTube may show a green screen mainly due to the following reasons:
- Browser or system hardware acceleration: If the increase in YouTube video output caused by browser hardware acceleration is incompatible with the display, it may result in a green screen on YouTube videos.
- Obsolete or corrupt system graphics driver: A corrupted or outdated system graphics driver can cause the green screen issue in question.
- Device or obsolete operating systemNote: If the operating system of the system or device is outdated, incompatibility with YouTube may result in a green screen on a YouTube video.
- Corrupted browser or YouTube app installation: If the browser (like Chrome) or YouTube app (like Xbox YouTube app) installation is corrupted, it may cause the above issue.
Cold reboot the system/device along with network devices
A temporary compatibility issue between the system/device and the network device may cause green screens on YouTube videos, and performing a hard reset of the system/device together with the network device may fix the problem.
- DeleteaSystem(like MacBook) or device like (Xbox) andseparateyour power cord.
- nowdeleteanetwork equipment(for example, routers, extenders, etc.) andseparateYour mains power cord.
- afterseparateaother devices(for example, monitors, printers, etc.) andsupposeFor 5 minutes.
- nowconnect againthe power cordrouterto your power supply and turn it on. Wait for the router to power on successfully.
- afterconnect againthe device orSystemto your power supply andlightthe system/device.
- Once connected, check if the YouTube green screen issue is resolved.
- If that doesn't work, be sure to use aother power source(without surge protectors, extension cords, or controllers) for the device/system resolves the issue.
Update Windows PC to the latest version
You may see the YouTube green screen if the Windows on your PC is out of date, as the incompatibility of the operating system with the other modules (especially the graphics driver) could be causing the problem. Here, updating Windows PC to the latest version can solve the problem.
- Cliqueventana, touch and openSearch for updates.
- Now click on the right pane of the Windows Update tabSearch for updatesand when updates are available (including optional updates),installthe updates
- Once Windows is up to date on the PC,start againYour system and when it restarts check if YouTube green screen issue is resolved.
- If not, and the issue occurs in the YouTube app in the Microsoft Store, make sure toUpdate apps from the Microsoft Storeand then check if the YouTube green screen issue is resolved.
try another browser
If the YouTube green screen problem occurs in a browser, that particular browser's incompatibility with YouTube could be the reason for the YouTube green screen problem. Here, trying a different browser can clear the green screen on YouTube.
- download andinstallanother browser on your system (if it is not already installed).
- afterthrowthe other browser and check if the YouTube green screen issue is resolved.
Disable browser hardware acceleration
YouTube green screen issues can occur when your browser's hardware acceleration is unable to correctly parse YouTube data packets. In this case, you can fix YouTube Green by disabling browser hardware acceleration.
For an explanation, we will discuss the process of disabling hardware acceleration in the Chrome browser (you can follow the instructions of the problematic browser) and in the system Internet options (in case the problem also occurs in all other system browsers). ). Please note that disabling a browser's hardware acceleration may cause other unforeseen browser issues.
Disable Chrome Video Decoder Flag
Since the issue only occurs on video despite disabling the full hardware acceleration feature, simply disabling the video decode flag may fix the issue.
- start itchromeBrowser and enter the following in youraddress bar:
- nowdefinethe drop down list ofHardware accelerated video decodingtowardsdisabledmirestartchromed
- After the reboot, check if the YouTube video green screen issue is resolved.
Disable Chrome hardware acceleration
- start itchromebrowser and expand yourMenu.
- select nowThe definitionand in the left pane expand theProgressiveab.
- then go toSystemtab and in the right pane disable thehardware accelerationswitching the switch to the off position.
- nowrestartBrowser and check if YouTube green screen issue is resolved.
Disable hardware acceleration in system internet options
- Cliqueventana, search and openInternet Options.
- now go toProgressivetab and enable on Accelerated GraphicsUse software rendering instead of GPU rendering.
- then clickApply/OKmistart againyour system.
- After the reboot, check if the YouTube green screen error is resolved.
Update the graphics driver to the latest version
You may see a green screen on YouTube if your system's graphics driver is out of date, as incompatibility with YouTube engines could be causing the problem. Here, updating your system graphics driver to the latest version can resolve the green screen issue.
- Right click onventanaand selectdevice administrator.
- Now expand thevideo adaptertab and right click on thegraphic device.
- then selectupdate driversand clickFind drivers automatically.
- If an updated driver is available,installand then check if the YouTube green screen issue is resolved.
- If not, the OEM has one.update utility(for example, Nvidia GeForce Experience), check if updating the drivers through this utility clears the YouTube green screen.
Edit the size of the system mouse pointer
If the accessibility features of your system (especially those of Mac) do not work well with YouTube, green screens may appear in YouTube videos (especially in full screen mode). Here, editing the size of the system mouse cursor can solve the problem. For illustrative purposes, we will discuss the process of resizing the mouse pointer on a Mac.
- start itsystem settingsfrom Mac and openAccessibility.
- Now go to in the left paneexhibitiontab and then in the right pane,increaseamouse pointer sizea little.
- Then make sure that YouTube videos do not have a green screen.
Change the color profile of your Mac
Changing the colors of YouTube videos through the Mac color profile can result in a YouTube green screen. Here, changing Mac color profile can solve the problem.
- start itsystem settingsfrom Mac and openexhibition.
- Now change toKortab and open the dropdown menu of theshow profile.
- Then set anon-default profile(like the generic RGB profile) and then check if the green screens in YouTube videos are clear.
- If not, check if disabling theNight shiftin the View tab of the system settings fix the YouTube problem.
- If the problem persists, consider changing theheart profilenoColorSync Utilityfrom Mac solves the problem.
Match video resolution to screen resolution
If the video resolution differs from the screen resolution, it may cause a YouTube green screen. Adjusting the video or screen resolution (for example, an Xbox screen) can fix the problem here.
Change video resolution on YouTube
- throwYouTubeand play arestless video.
- select nowThe definitionand expandquality.
- then adjustdifferent quality(for example 720 if the problem occurs in 1080) and check if the YouTube video does not have a green screen.
- If not, be sure to use one of theother resolutionsTo solve the problem.
Change the video resolution of the device or system
To illustrate, we'll discuss the process of setting the output resolution of an Xbox monitor.
- start itGuia tun Xboxand selectProfile and system.
- now openThe definitionand selectTV and display options(general).
- then openresolutionand select thatdesired resolution(like 4K).
- Now check if YouTube videos green screen issue is fixed.
- If not, check if the display options settings forHDMI(instead of recommended) and change the resolution to1080P 60HzTo solve the problem.
Reinstall graphics drivers
If your system's graphics driver is damaged, it can cause the green screen on a YouTube video. Here, reinstalling the graphics driver can get rid of the YouTube green screen error.
Reinstall the latest graphics driver
- the right button of the mouseventanaand selectdevice administrator.
- Now expand thevideo adaptertab and right click on thegraphic device.
- then selectuninstall deviceand markDelete the driver software for this device.
- now clickuninstallmisupposeuntil the driver is uninstalled.
- then right clickventanaand openapps and features.
- Now expand theGPU related utility(for example, GeForce Experience) and click on ituninstall.
- afterApprovedto uninstall the utility andcrosson-screen instructions to uninstall it.
- done once,start againyour PC and let Windows install on restartgeneric graphics controller(if you try).
- Now check if the YouTube issue is resolved.
- if not download itlatest product-specific driverfrom the OEM website and once downloaded,the right button of the mouseon it and selectExecute as an administrator.
- aftercrossFollow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation, making sure to select when promptedPerform a clean installationof the graphics driver.
- once installed,start againyour PC and when it restarts, check if YouTube has fixed the green screen issue.
If that doesn't work and you see more than one display adapter in Device Manager (allow showing hidden devices), checkDisable/remove other graphics cardseliminate the problem.
Reinstall previous graphics drivers
If the issue persists after reinstalling the latest graphics driver, the latest driver's incompatibility with the operating system may be causing the YouTube green screen. In this regard, reinstalling an older version of the graphics driver can fix the issue.
- First,DescargaraOld versionthe graphics driver andextractgo dead
- afteruninstallagraphics controller(as discussed above) andstart againyour system.
- After the reboot, right clickventanaand selectdevice administrator.
- then expandvideo adapterand right click on itgraphic device.
- now clickupdate driversand selectFind drivers on my computer.
- then clickSearchand go to the directory where the oldest one isConductorhe wasextractedin step 1.
- now clickOKand then clicknext.
- Once the above driver is installed,start againAs your PC restarts, make sure the green screen in the YouTube video is clear.
- Otherwise, right-click on thechart charton the Graphics tab of Device Manager and selectupdate drivers.
- now clickLet me choose from a list of drivers available on my computerand selectanother driveron the list.
- afterstart againyour PC and after restarting, check if YouTube is working properly.
- If that doesn't work, check thatwith all drivers(one by one) in the list of drivers (steps 9 and 10) resolves the issue.
- If the problem persists, check it out.Reduce GPU performance limit increasein oneoverclockingThe utility (for example, MSI Afterburner) eliminates the green screen problem.
YouTube green screen issue can occur when the browser installation is corrupted. In this case, reinstalling the browser can fix the YouTube problem. For an explanation, we will discuss the process of uninstalling the Chrome browser.
- First,fusibleessential information (bookmarks, website logins, etc.) in the browser.
- Now right clickventanaand selectapps and features.
- then expandchromeand clickuninstall.
- nowApprovedto uninstall Chrome andcrosson-screen instructions to complete the process.
- done once,start againyour PC and right click when it restartsventanaand openpick up.
- nowsearchto the following path:
- afterclearachromecarpet and go tothe following directoryin the Run command box:
/Program Files (x86)/google
- nowclearachromepasta andDescargarthe latest installerchromeBrowser.
- afterinstallmithrowChrome (don't sign in) to see if the YouTube green screen issue is resolved.
- If not, check ifuninstallchrome with a3thirdparty uninstaller(eg Revo Uninstaller) and reinstalling will resolve the issue.
- If the problem persists, check if you are using aold version of chromeEliminates the green screen problem.
Reinstall the YouTube app on your device or console
In the case of a YouTube app, a corrupt installation of the app can cause green screens on YouTube videos and reinstalling the app might fix the problem. For illustrative purposes, we'll take a look at the process of reinstalling the YouTube app on an Xbox.
- throwMy games and appson Xbox and select theYouTubeRequest.
- Now press theMenuPress on the controller and select from the menu that appearsuninstall.
- aftersupposeuntil the YouTube app is uninstalled and then restart itconsole.
- on reboot,reinstallYouTube app and launch it to check if YouTube video green screen issue is fixed. If the app won't uninstall on your device (eg Android), see if resetting the YouTube app to its default settings or uninstalling its updates fixes the issue.
If the problem persists, you can do this.reset to defaultreset the device to factory settings or run ainstall cleanmach OS of the system.
- Xbox stuck on green loading screen? Green Screen of Death on Xbox One
- How to activate YouTube with Youtube.com/activate
- The problem of the green line on the iPhone X
- Fixed: YouTube audio desync issue
error de youtube